Spica engine in carburated car

The simple and elegant solution is to get the linkage and cable "hold" from
any 105 or 115 spica injected car. It is one piece from the gas pedal (which
unbolts) to the "eye" where the cable clamping bolt goes. Just take your old
one out and put the new one in.

Some things that might need modification are: The drain hose from the
cowling which might interfere with the linkage. You will probably need to
move the fuse box since it will interfere with the wonderful spica air box
that you of course will keep :-). I just moved it to the firewall and turned
the mounting bracket upside down, didn't even have to disconnect the wires!

Good luck and feel free to contact me direct if you have any questions or
want more advise
Thomas Moll
Seattle, WA
- -67 Giulia Super Inezione
- -74 Spider w. Wes Ingram race modified Spica pump

Scott Fisher wrote:

>3 - Throttle linkage?  I've seen ads for kits to convert from Spica to
>Weber linkages, but... I'm nuts and am currently planning to use the
>Spica that's on the 1750 engine I'm buying.  The '67 has the
>all-bellcrank, all-ball-joint Weber carb linkage -- I haven't looked at
>it in a while, but I don't remember *any* cables in it at all, just the
>rods and ball joints to push on the Weber throttle levers.  Is there an
>easy answer, such as "get a linkage out of a 196X whatever" that I can
>call APE and ask for?  Or is it linkage engineering time (or should I
>just give up and have the 40DCOEs rejetted for the larger engine)?

End of alfa-digest V7 #1193