re:alfa bike rack

Definitely the Graber Bones racks work fine for Alfas and other cars
with spoilers. Having previously worked at and sold various rack systems
at a major bike shop for ten years I recommend that companie's products.
I have been using one on my '89 Spider the last two seasons and I have
no complaints. I have even carried a "Monster Cruiser" with 36 inch
wheels and had no problem with the height. They are very adjustable for
different types of bikes and fold up fairly flat when not in use.
However as with all trunk racks make sure the hood and feet of the rack
are clean and free of dirt or particals which could cause discoloration
or scratches in the paint in the long run if ignored. There will be some
movement of the rack when loaded, although I haven't noticed any marks
on my cars. Trunk racks also are alot cheaper and quicker to take on and
off than roof racks but don't have the versatility. You can leave a roof
rack on year 'round if you want and you can carry alot more weight and
alot more equipment including skis, canoes, etc. with attachments. A
trunk rack obviously dosen't let you get access to your trunk either. On
the roof everything is harder to take on and off but is out of the way
as well. The main quality brands are Yakima, Thule, and Graber which
sell both types of racks. I hope this helps anyone not familiar with
rack systems. Take care. Mel V.