RE: 1750 GTV with webers Engine Miss firing..

RE: 1750 GTV with webers Engine Miss firing..

I have had a very similar problem during which numerous garages looked at the
car, and various people offered advice.   In the end I replaced the entire
ignition system, checked valve timing, replaced  the mechanical fuel pump for an
electric one, just about everything.... But still, occasionally the car would
miss-fire (generally under load)

The end result was (wait for it!) was water in the fuel tank... Simple and easy
to fix, the problem shouldn't have cost me anything more than a few hours
labour.   Why the car only miss fires occasionally is that under
load/acceleration the water gets pushed back under the pick-up at the rear of
the tank and gets sucked up into the line.  Under more sedate driving the water
sits peacefully out of harms way in the middle of teh tank.

You can either drain the tank (most recommended) or alternatively pour some
mentholated spirits into the tank which will help the water to bond with the
fuel.

Hope you have some luck

Phil