164 Suspension

I suggest you have another look at the wheel alignment. Selecting a good
alignment shop is mandatory, especially for the rear alignment where my
experience is that many wheel alignment places don't treat the rear end with
the importance that it deserves. Also make sure that they are using the
revised wheel alignment specs (see the 164 homepage). Alignment specs are a
bit contentious on the digest. I like 1mm toe out at the front and 1 - 2mm
toe in at the rear. Others like 0mm front and back. Rear toe in will promote
straight line stability. Excessive toe at the front (in or out) will cause
the car to "dart" under brakes. Also pay attention to tyre pressure. I like
35psi front and 32 psi rear (for 205/55 VR-15 tyres).

Doug Gould
Melbourne Australia
Blue 164L