164 Suspension

I believe that 164 suspension was derived from the Lancia Beta (circa
1972). If I am not mistaken Lancia was the first to use the quadra link
suspension (rear) on a front wheel drive car. As a matter of fact a lot
of mid size front wheel drive cars probably have used the Lancia as a
prototype. GM definitely did for their first front wheel drive cars. I
don't think Mazda made any front wheel drive cars in early 70's. This
type of suspension has been copied by many. Looked under a Ford Taurus
lately.

Robert
1991 164L