RE: Oil Pan Guards

I have just returned from a blissful drive through the farmland and hills of
Whitehouse and Readington, NJ and I can tell you, I am REALLY glad my Spider
has the oil pan guard.

My car is in dire need of Konis - it squats, dives, and leans all over the
place. Hard cornering, while reaching the bottom of a hill, and encountering
a small bump in the road resulting in smacking the oil pan guard hard enough
for me to get out and see what damage was done - 4 times. Each time, the car
itself shuddered, but the guard showed only scratches.

I can see how a strategic hit on the bottom of the guard could still do
serious damage, but since the guard mounts to the frame, as long as it
maintains its structural integrity, no harm done. I would drive the car
without one, from what I've seen so far.

Next steps for me, fix the suspension so it's more stable, and avoid those
bumps!!

Thanks,
- -Glenn