Re: Oil pan guards

Put me down for a vote in favor of the crash guards. While it's true
they are not indestructible, they will definitely protect your engine
from some hazards. I came around a blind curve on Niles Canyon Road in
the SF Bay area only to run right over a rock about the size of a loaf
of bread. Given how low the car was at the time, it would have left me
sitting in a dangerous spot on a narrow road not far from a pool of oil.
;=( The crash guard did its job. It made a real racket on impact, but
the only thing I had to go under the car to fix later was a bent exhaust
hanger. I did recently raise the front back up about an inch to keep
from dragging the crash guard on ^%&%#&$&^% speed-bumps.