Engine Miss firing..

Hi All,

I have a stock 1750 GTV with webers. The engine miss fires, or stumbles,
once in a while at about
4000 rpms. It seem like this happens when the engine is under load, but it
happens pretty infrequently.
The engine is recently completely rebuilt, the distributor and spark plug in
good shape. The only stuff that
is still original, or at least has not been replaced by me is the coil and
the mechanical fuel pump. Before something
totally goes bad, or I start replacing this at random, does this sound like
something a warn mechanical fuel pump
or coil would cause? It has been happening pretty irregularly for about the
last 4000 miles.
Other then this problem, it runs great.

Any advice on how to trouble shoot or what to replace is appreciated.

Robert Watson
Novato, CA
67 GTV