Re: spending too much on our Milano?

At Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:22:49 EST Peter Lundquist wrote:
snip
>The car has 80k miles on it and is very clean. I put the Shankle Sport
>suspension on it, which was a good whack in $$$'s. Some regular maintenance
>has also drained the bank account. The car is reliable, but the little
>expenses add up.
>So for the work I'd want done (clutch, new 1st, 2nd and maybe 3rd synchros,
>axle seal, headliner fixed and sunroof) I am probably nearing another $3k
>whack. There is no way in hell I'll get my money out of this car. So here
are
>my options:
>1.  Cut my losses and sell the car as is (best case $4k for the car?).
>2. Just do the clutch and drive it as is.
>3. Do all the work. Drive the heck out of it. How long will it last before
>the next $$$ whack?
snip

Peter,
80k miles are 128000km ... that isn't SO much for a 75/Milano.  When I bought
my 1600 one it had 135,000km on the clocks, and it died at 261,000 (aka
163k miles).
It's probably WORTH fixing it.  Well, I don't really know how many 75 you can
see around there, but here they're pretty common cars and salvage yards are
FULL of parts.  I think that you can go for a NEW clutch, and maybe find out
used syncros ... this might be just an idea for saving cash.
You can also ask the digest if there's somebody selling parts for this
car... isn't
it ??
Ciao

nodoubt,