annoying 164

I've mentioned this one on the 164 forum without much luck...
The motor that controls the air distribution in the cabin of my '91 tspark has
started to cycle by itself through its various positions. ie windscreen, face,
feet and so on.
Is there an easy fix for this..? I'd be happy to leave it stuck in one
position... is it possible to remove a fuse and "freeze" it?
I can't describe how annoying this is...

Thanks