Brake fluid/T-stat etc

Replacing My ABS pump this week in the Milano, and of course, flushing,
replacing fluid.
My question is: anyone have any experience with Synthetic Brake fluid, is this a
worthwhile upgrade or useless.

Pursuant to that, I'd like to prolong pump life this time around by fabricating
a heat shield around the ABS components under hood, any recommendations on what
the best materials would be for this, I'm looking for a solid shield barrier not
a wrap or coating.

Lastly, what's the consensus on lower temp thermostats for the V6 cars, does
anyone have experience with them.

Giovanni

88 Alfa Romeo Milano Quadrifoglio Verde