RE: alfa-digest V7 #1177

Charlie- On my 91 Spider When it has power again it spells out (CODE) on the
display.  All I do is enter the code and the radio starts to work.  The only
tricky part I can remember is that if you enter the wrong code repeatedly
the radio will eventually lock you out- to unlock the radio so you enter
codes again just hold down the AM/FM button for a few seconds- that should
clear things out.  If this doesn't work I can check on my car to make sure
I'm describing this produre correctly as I'm working from memory here.  Good
luck- At least someone is holding on to their lt model spider-- seems like
everyone else is selling....

Oscar
91 Spider
Indy

Pottree@domain.elided wrote:

The other mystery has to do with the radio.  When I bought the car the radio

was working (that is, it got one station very well and no others, since the
antenna is broken; the cassette player worked OK).  Since the battery was
disconnected, the radio went into stolen mode.  I was given the code by the
seller (assuming it's right) but no radio manual (although I have one on the

way from a private source).  The big question: what's the procedure for
using
the code to revive the radio?  Someone told me to turn it on, punch scan or
band and then enter the code.  I don't see anything called either scan or
band on the radio.  Is this some secret handshake operation like setting the

time on one of those damn digital watches?

Charlie