Re: Ford driving Alfas

This is basically how I got hooked and became an Alfa owner.

In 1986, I moved to Zuffenhausen because I had always wanted to own and
drive a 911 in its natural habitat. I got introduced to a bunch of
designers at Porsche Styling in Weissach; to my surprised, most of them
were Americans, the Art Center mafia, I called them and even more
sursprising to me at the time, most were passionate about Alfas and many
even own them.

Some of my most memorable exploits were from chasing a Junior Z through the
twisty roads around Weissach in my 911, not to mention a Sud Sprint, a GTV6
belonging to friends; then there was also a neighbor's metallic blue Alpine
A110 that I used to do battle with, those were the good old days. I had
twice the engine size and horse power of the Z and the A110 and they had no
problem with me, I figured it had to be the cars and not the drivers (major
sarcasm inserted here).

I came back to America and promptly bought my first Alfa, a Duetto, within
weeks and that was how many alfas ago...?

I also found out yesterday that it is possible to lift the inside rear
wheel of my Milano around the turn on the streets of Boston, the revs shot
way up. I guess to this is one way to test if you have LSD or not :-;

I have also been a Miata owner since 1990 (including a complete BBR tuned
car).

cheers,

	- Steve.