AR75 brakes

First of all thanx for the responsens about my pipeseals.
Now I've another coupla questions not related to the
not-available-in-usa-turbo-version :-)
Q1: after a cold start (I mean that the car has been parked no less than one
whole day) the first press of brakes pedal sounds bad... like it needs to
be "pumped up".  After that I give coupla press and it works well w/o
problems.
Is it normal ??? Brake fluid level is ok, and the pump serving clutch and
brakes
seems to work well.

Q2: brake pads are soon to be replaced.  I want to put some new ones giving
me a great performance over a moderate long mileage (10,000km would be nice
for me).  Any suggestion ??? Does EBC make pads for cars too ?? I'm REALLY
satisfied with this pads brand for my motorcycle.

Thanx in advance.
Luca

PS: to Al Fista: Pompa d'Acqua is grammatically correct, but we all refer
to it
    as "pompa dell'acqua".  :-)