Re: alfa-digest V7 #1172

Just wanted to thank all of you that responded to my question regarding 164 electric mirrors.  I got 6
replies and they helped me solve the problem.  Got the switch got that fine, clean up the external
contacts, put it back in and it works... a bit sporadic, but it works.  Think I may need to put the
switch apart and clean it up internally to get consistent function, but at least they are now set so I
can see the cars getting smaller behind me.

Another question now.  Today we got the title and tags on the car and spent quite a bit of the day
driving and enjoying the mild mid-Ohio November weather.  But just as we started out the drive the
coolant fluid level light came on.  Now the PO had recently had the radiator and coolant bottle
replaced.  The fluid did seem a bit low so I backed up and brought the level just below the max level.
Light did go out.  Watched it a bit (engine was idling) and the wife said that the light came back on,
went out came back on and stayed on.  Pulled the float out of the bottle and worked it manually.
Raising it I expected it to immediately extinguish the lamp but it didn't.  There was a delay until it
went out. When I lowered the float the light came back on, with a bit of a delay.  Raised the float
again but the light would not go out.  Meantime the coolant level remained OK.

Is there another circuit involved in this dashboard indicator?  Contacts from the float assembly
(in-line connector) looked good, no corrosion.  We are leaving tomorrow morning for vacation and will
not be back until next Sunday evening.  Eager to see the responses to this one.

Oh, the car is just a blast to drive, quite different from the Spiders.  Wife drove it a bit and was
shocked when she noted that the speedometer was showing 75 mph when she felt she was doing maybe 50!
We're going to totally enjoy this ride.

Paul Weimer
Pataskala, OH
'69 Spider Boattail