Re: alfa-digest V7 #1166

In a message dated 11/15/1999 10:19:02 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< rom: "Albert Jacob" <ajacob@domain.elided>
 Subject: 58 Spider Veloce Mirror-Help!

 My 58 Spider Veloce project car came just about complete with the exception
 of a driver's door mirror.  Holes are there--no mirror--so I'm in need of  a
 replacement.  I've been looking at lots of photos lately, both period and
 modern and without exception the mirrors on Giuliettas/early Gulias seem to
 come in one of two types: 1) bullet shaped with limited adjustment lense
 (like turning a dial) and 2) a flat, round mirror attached off-center on the

There was no factory mirror.  The one on a stalk is Lucas.  The bullet one is
Talbot. The Lucas was a common dealer install item ---- I know of a one-owner
58 with Lucas mirrors from the beginning.  I believe Talbot came out some
time in the 60's.

Lucas is available from any of the British sites, for example Moss.  One
source for Talbot is www.talbotco.com (aardvark international).  I have not
seen samples from either of these sources.