Re: 164S vs. SVT Contour vs. Jetta w/VR6

Henry-

While I haven't driven many 164's very much, and I've never driven a Contour, I can certainly speak
highly of the Jetta GLX model - the pre-Bora Jetta that is, not the current Honda-looking model.
My wife purchased one to be our "family car" - the first ever four door for either of us (hence,
the "family car").  The VR6 engine runs flawlessly and has excellent acceleration and power at just
about every range.  Compared to all of the other cars in its price range, it had the most "solid
feel" - the other cars just seemed cheaply built in comparison.  The handling is typical VW.  I'm
strongly considering getting rid of my '87 BMW 325 and getting one.

Again, I'm speaking of the previous GLX model, we didn't even consider the current model of the
Jetta because it was too small and didn't have that "boxy" look.

Regards-
- -August
'63 Giulia Normale
'84 Spider Veloce