Addenda to Scott Fisher's reply to David Rubie re: '75 Spider

I (and more importantly, the parts books) agree with Scott on the seats of
lhd Spiders and rhd Spiders being identical. Certain GT Veloces had differing
headrest arrangements for passengers and drivers, but none of my parts books
show a difference between lhd and rhd seats for Spiders. Of course left seats
and right seats cannot be interchanged, as the floorpans are not symmetrical.

Scott was not quite able to confirm the use of the Perspex headlight covers
as late as 1975. I have a (two, actually) French-language brochure for the
2000 Spider, printed in Italy and dated 11/74, which would make it a 1975
model-year car, and it does have the headlight covers.

A third question left dangling was whether the car would have had carpets or
rubber floor mats. The 11/74 2000 Spider brochure has brown carpets (and tan
leather, tan top, bronze paint). Not a bad looking car, for a Spider. (The
1750 Spider had rubber mats, according to the parts book).

The mirrors (two) on the 11/74 2000 are the rounded trapezoids, chromed,
socketed at the wide inner end, on a longish base in line with the
wing-window.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.