Re: 164S Brake Stuff

Dr. Ted Siverns wrote:

> I'm annoyed at my rear calipers. The ratcheting mechanism for the =
emergency
> brake is worn and it seems that I have to replace the calipers at a
> significant cost. I found a good price on exchange calipers but "not
> available". Any leads?

Just in case your interested.
I renovated my rear break caliper this weekend. The emergency brake =
seized up because of corrosion in the mechanism. A very common problem, =
I hear.
In Sweden there is a set available to do this that is manufactured by =
UBD Production AB (a Swedish company I believe). It was an annoying job =
to do but the new seal around the mergency brake mechanism looks better =
than the Girling design and will hopefully do a better job. Cost $17.

Peter Greis
164 V6 -90
CAR Sweden