Spica grinch

>any repairs, "restorations" or
>"recalibrations" are totally dependent on cannibalizing other (used)
>units.

What's wrong with that?  Wes keeps hundreds of cores in stock, and matches
the pistons to each bore.  It's trial and error, but that's how he gets the
right tolerance for that part of the pump.

>Any so-called "redesign" of *any* component within the Spica
>logic section falls into the category of adding magnets to your fuel
>lines in my opinion. I may be quite wrong on this but haven't seen any
>dynamometer documentation to support the enthusiastic anecdotal reports
>of post-modification improvements *exclusively* attributable to the
>"re-engineered" Spicas.

Be serious!!!  Examine what is being done with these HP pumps and decide for
yourself if you can follow the logic.  Even the most rudimentary fuel
mixture richness indicator will show that the stock Spica pump goes lean
after 5800rpm or so.  Are you saying that if you increase the breathing
capacity of the engine (heads, cams) that it won't be necessary to improve
the fuel delivery method? Nothing is impossible.  If you study what makes a
pump work, and do your share of bench testing, you will be able to engineer
several solutions.

I don't understand why you are so cynical.  Get out and talk with people,
and go for rides in their Alfas.  I can tell a rocket ship from a sled.

AND, magnets around my fuel lines increased my gas mileage to 40mpg, ON THE
TRACK!!  :))

Regards,

Steve S.
Seattle, WA