Re: alfa-digest V7 #1156 - 164 wheels and hub concentric

    If the 164 uses hub concentric wheels, it is the only Alfa I have ever
heard of that does!  I would not allow anyone to sell me 5 x 100 mm wheels to
put on a 5 x 98 mm bolt pattern Alfa!  I also do not run any of the
"Universal" fit wheels.
    I tried once to put a set of 4 x 98 mm Alfetta BWA wheels on my wife's Ex
Toyota MR-2 with a 4 x 100 mm bolt pattern.  I decided that a silly
millimeter on each radius was too much difference.
    Again, it is my experience that Alfa wheels are held concentric by the
lug nuts, NOT by the center hub.  Just look at how bad the centers on the
Daytona style five spoke wheels corrode in the center and you will realize
that hub concentricity just went south with corrosion!  ( that is the real
mag Daytona wheels corrode.  The later PFS or FPS or whatever Daytona wheels
are aluminum and do not melt away like the real magnesium earlier wheels do.
But the early wheels are about five pounds per wheel lighter.  Sorry, I got
off subject.
    Again, I may be wrong.  I do not own nor have I ever worked on a 164.
And if I can keep my wife from buying a 164, I will not have to.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City
Anti Front Wheel Drive Bigot.

In a message dated 11/11/1999 10:38:37 PM Central Standard Time,