Re: alfa-digest V7 #1155 - Webers

    Sorry if I am behind in my reading again and this has all been covered.
    Why not rebuild your own Webers?  Go buy a gallon can of carburetor
cleaner and follow the directions.  I recall having to cut up a gallon
plastic milk jug to immerse my Webers as they would not go down into the can
of cleaner for the overnight soak.
    It is really not all that hard.  Buy a Weber book and get someone who has
done an American or any carb rebuild to help you.  If I can do it, you can
too.
     If the jets, emulsion tubes and venturi are all the stock Alfa parts,
then there is no tuning involved - just careful assembly, attention to detail
and a bit of synchronization.  If you are moving them from one car to another
and everything is way off then $250 per each is still exorbitant for a
rebuild unless it comes with a session on a dynamometer.  If the throttle
shafts are all hogged out and the carbs have been out in the rain for years,
then $250 might be reasonable.

    A race recently commented that the new Webers he had just bought for his
race car were not as good as the old ones.  I did not know that any thing was
changed in the design.  Does anyone know about a design change?

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City

In a message dated 11/11/1999 7:46:34 PM Central Standard Time,