'74 gtv 2000 gearing / unknown function toggle / spica / weights

All,
Questions that still plague me:

1)why am i at redline at about 95mph on a stock (afaik) 74 gtv 2000?
stock steel wheels, 195/70's? could my speedo be that far off and i'm
actually doing around 115?

2)What is that little toggle switch mounted under the steering column bottom
plastic cowling? as i mentioned in a previous, unanswered post, it was also
there on a '71 gtv that i remember had it in 77, so i imagine it wasn't some
sort of aftermarket doodad. My guess is something to do with SPICA cold
start.

3) another advantage of SPICA at least for me, here in Santa Fe, is that it
compensates perfectly for our 7000 ft altitude. As i discovered helping a
friend with webers try and tune his 69 spider...

4) my '70 junior with 2000 and lsd weighed 995k with full tank of gas.

aloha,
andres