Alfa 164 Wheels (5 x 98)

dshimano@domain.elided writes...

>Does anyone have experience buying wheels from the Tire Rack for an Alfa
>with the 5x98 pattern? All they say is "it will fit" and the "locator
>pin" will have to be removed.
>The wheels in question are OZ, and the Alfa is a 95 164Q.

Since I'm only half-way through the next Project 164 article, I'll
respond to this now...     I have just fitted the 16" x 7.5 O.Z.
Superturismo Corsa wheels.  In fact, they are drilled 5 x 100, but
utilize a TUV certified, floating seat bolt on slightly oversized bolt
holes.  This works just fine - remember, the hub centers the wheel not
the bolts.  I'm using Toyo's new Proxes T1-S tires (205/55) and I
couldn't be happier.  Grip is phenomenal - wet or dry.

Get snow tires for Winter use and save the good wheels from the salt..
The sport snows from Dunlop are a good choice.

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

End of alfa-digest V7 #1156