Re: Old Webers vs new Webers

Help! I'm doing a serious restoration on a '65 Guilia Spider Veloce. The two
old Webers need rebuilding. I've been quoted a low of $250 to as high as $660
by local carburator shops for rebuilding the set. On the other hand I can buy
a new set of 40 DCOE Webers in Europe ( I go there frequently on business)
for $550.

I've been told by one expert that the old Webers work better than new ones
and that I should rebuild rather than buy new. Also, that the old ones are
"correct" and it could make a difference in concours judging. Although I
expect to show the car, my main purpose in the restoration is to enjoy the
driving.

I'd appreciate hearing some pros and cons... Thanks!

Marc Mosko
'74 GTV
'65 Spider Veloce ( 70% done)