Wheel refinishing for spiders!!

Hello fellow digesters...

My "phone dial" style alloy wheels are in need of some corrosion reduction
on the inside and a new top final finish coat on the outside.

Has anyone done this before with success?

The finish on the outside seems very thick almost like it has clear coat on
it, but I do not think it is. It is original- 1987.

Initial thoughts are to have the tires removed, have the wheels glass
beaded, fill the digs, etc. with bondo and sand flush.  Then prime inside
and out and finish coat the outside with a silver/steel colored polyurethane
wheel paint available in 12oz. spray cans ($5.49/can).

Any thoughts or comments are gladly welcome.

Thanks

Bob Rand
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio
AONE and AROC Member