Re: Giulia coupes, GTAs, GTVs & The Best Bits

Joe Garcia wrote:
>After seemingly EONS of lurking, I step into the breach to ask something.
>Having followed the "which is best" thread, I am curious as to what the
>"ideal" Giulia coupe would have (the grill from a '71, the head from a GTA,
>etc., etc.).
>
>I am currently "between" Alfae, and prior to purchasing my "next" I'd like
>to know which car would make the best platform to have all of the "best
>bits".

If we're opening this up the comparison of coupes to include GTAs, then
there is no contest: the GTA wins hands down. However, to build the ideal
"Bitsa" using a steel-bodied coupe, I suggest the following as my choice:

'71 1750 GTV body and interior (small taillights, classic dash preferably
with Veglia instruments)
GTA/GTA Jr stainless steel Grille - the heart-shaped piece - to replace
chromed muckmetal GTV part, but retain 1750 black mesh.
1750 engine with GTA Jr head; GTA head won't fit 2000 engine. (GTA front
cover, oil pump and Distributor will be needed for this conversion - ouch!
Where you gonna get those???)
Weber or Dellorto carbs
GTA gearbox
2000 limited slip diff
Lightweight ORIGINAL true mag wheels from 1750 or earlier Alfa;  2nd choice
authentic style replica wheels but NOT MINILITES or other British car
wheels; 3rd choice 2000 GTV mags (flat, finned type).

And most importantly: no body drillings for radio aerials, mirrors on
fenders etc etc, no bodyline striping stickers or any other add-on junk!!
and no Japanese parts, especially wheels.

"il Fanatico"  a Wellington, Nuova Zealanda
 lurking on the digest and driving a metallic green '71 bodied GTV with
2000 engine (40DCOEs) and 2000 GTV lsd