RE: DIN vs SAE net vs SAE gross and weights

Here in the US the MR2 mk1 put out about 30-40hp more then the X1/9, 115ish compared to 70ish. It hence it accelerates to 60 in about 8.7 seconds compared to 12+ seconds for the Fiat. This is nothing against great Italian engineering, the Toyota just is a newer design with a couple more cams, 100cc more displacement, and 8 more valves.
On the other hand the Fiat is much better looking, at least without the later ugly bumpers.

>>tests. The 0-60 time is also a poor comparison for many cars because some reach it in 2nd gear, others (particularly Italian ones) have to change into
third shortly before. I recently wrote an article for a local classic car magazine comparing the early MR2 to a later Bertone X19. The MR2 redlines at 61mph in 2nd... helping give it such an impressive 0-60 time. The MR2 is
faster, but not by as much as the 0-60 time might suggest.<<