1750 v 2000

Excellent observations, Mark.  A couple of points to the group about some of
the why's...  Power/torque measurement- somewhere near the early 70's the
way power and torque was redefined to be much more consistent, which turned
out slightly lower numbers...

Emissions: ok here's the obvious point- the 2000 was more restricted due to
emissions than the 1750, remember one of the hot mods to a 2000 is putting
in a 1750 cam or a Euro 2000 cam in, so the base 2000 cam is a *little* off,
I think mostly cam timing...  I bet, though, that Alfa was one of the few
manufacturers who actually met the letter of the law at the time.  There was
the gas crisis at the same time, and EPA re-scheduled the phase in of the
emissions laws.  Not that it matters.

Fan- I *think* that the 1750 fan was not as big as the 2000 fan, which will
account for high speed rev-ability.  I'll put an electric fan on mine, soon.

The best?  I'll have to go with the one in your garage.  My wife and I both
think that the body style is one of the nicest looking car, ever.  So I'll
take a 1600 step nose for the fun of it.  What a GREAT car.

Eric Storhok
Advanced Powertrain Engineering
Ford Motor Company