Re: '89 Spider Power windows in alfa-digest V7 #1146

Hal,

After getting the motor/gearing mechanism out of the door and onto the
workbench, I removed the motor portion and found it to be assembled as two
end plates and uniquely shaped tube in between.  The end plates were sealed
to each end of the tube, I removed these but using an Exacto knife to cut
through the sealant.  Apart it came!

Reassembly simply consisted of a bead of one of 3M's sealants (sorry, but I
have multiple tubes of this stuff and can't recall which one I picked [may
have been the one for weather sealing]) on each end plate, sticking them on
the tube and everything back as found.

I will be interested to see why this failed as all was cleaned up prior to
reassemble and the car has not been caught in a rain storm since.

Paul