Window Defroster

The seasons are changing in California and the first rains are here. (Yes, we
do have four seasons: earthquake, flood, mud-slide, wild fire.) Rain means two
things:  Chaos on the rain-soaked roads and wet carpets in Ollie.  I know there
isn't much I can do about the fact that most Californians are idiots in the
rain, but I was hoping for some help in defrosting my windows.

Being that my car ('74 GTV) isn't water tight, each time I get caught in the
rain, I go through a ritual to dry out the carpets and floor mats.  This process
inevitably fogs the rear window.  The rear window defroster switch works; there
is power all the way back to the window; and the window is grounded to the chassis.
 The problem is that the connector for the hot lead is no longer attached to
the foil on the window.  I've been afraid to touch it with a soldering iron
for fear of cracking the window.  Is there a conductive epoxy or othe glue to
use and where can I get it?  Lots of glues tell you they are non-conductive,
but I haven't found one which claims it in the positive.

Fogged in California
George Hovis
'74 GTV (Ollie)
Visit the Hovis Home Page: