Re: 164 remote

FWIW, in the right-hand side of the trunk behind the carpeting there is a
key-activated "master switch" which must be set to "on" before the remote,
the alarm, or the keyless entry system can be enabled--irrespective of
whether there is a fresh battery in the remote itself.

Chris
'84 GTV-6
'91 168
'88 Milano