Re: alfa-digest V7 #1143

In a message dated 11/07/1999 2:04:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Also, my previous car , a VW Scirocco, had the high pressure Bosch
L-Jetronic
 injection.Always hesitated.Nothing was good enough to clean up those high
 pressure injectors.I tried even tecron.A half tank of Cam2 took care of it
in
 such an obvious way ( after 45 mins of driving purposely flooring in various
 gears there was like a "gulp!" and the car lost the hesitation..even with
 normal gas, oh and BTW, i had changed the fuel filter a while before) that i
 was convinced.
 I know that racing fuel does change the output of the engine...
 Vlad
 '91 164 L >>

Reminds me of a question for our distinguished panelists:

Yesterday, at the French and Italian car show in Van Nuys, LA, CA (where we
counted 54 Alfas and 11 were entered in the concurrent AROSC Concours) we
"won" a container of a mystery elixir called DuraLube which is supposed to
have the same effect as the fuel Vlad describes.

Frankly, it's not something I know anything about but I am skeptical of its
vaunted abilities.  Reminds me of a way to separate a fool from his money.
This is something you're supposed to pour into the gas tank every 3k miles or
so to keep the injectors clear, get rid of carbon deposits from not driving
over 11 mph, and restore failing eyesight and sexual vigor or something.  It
is "NOT ALCOHOL."  So I won't mix it in a martini, but what is it, can it
work, and what would it dissolve in the car and what if any positive effects
might be possible if I poured it into the tank of the new spider (75k miles)
that's been driven who knows how?

All thoughts gladly entertained.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA
Hoping to get the new spider roadworthy quite soon.  It didn't rain here for
5 months, but as soon as I bought a convertible it poured within a week!