Re: alfa-digest V7 #1141

In a message dated 11/05/1999 8:53:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Your best bet is to repair the ABS system or trade it in for a non-ABS car.
 Personally, I would never spend the money for ABS which I think is
 unnecessary if you know how to drive in Winter conditions up North.
 Breaking ABS brakes is a good word.  Fred Di Matteo

If you know how to drive (or can learn) an ABS system is doubly unnecessary
when it fails and you find out how much it costs to fix/replace!  As my
father would say, it's just another thing they put on their to break down.

But, interestingly, I rarely hear of people with ABS failure problems on
other marques.  Could this be because Alfa owners keep the cars running
longer, allowing the systems to reach their limited lifespan and Volvo and
Ford owners trade the car in when the lease expires?  Or, is this something
like Alfa electrical connectors that seem forged on a different planet from
those in lesser makes?

Charlie
LA, CA, USA