re: gauge lore

The Jaegers are very lightly damped relative to various Smiths, VDO and
Veglias I've had. Mine do the same as yours do, Scott.

I was a little concerned this past weekend as I made some of the long long
uphill climbs in relatively high temperatures (about 90) that my water
temperature gauge approached the 212 mark but it never quite reached it.
Once the ground leveled it returned to its customary 195 degrees. I
suspect that next year I might think of having the radiator beefed up with
a triple-row core, fit the electric fan, and put in a new thermostat to
give it just a little better margin.

Godfrey