RE: Spider heater fan

> 	To get the heater fan out, you need to remove the rear and center
> console and the dash.  The heater fan housing has to be removed from the
> car because there are clips on the backside of the plastic fan housing
> that hold it together.  You need to drain the coolant system.  I know
<snip>

on the earlier cars you can get to those clips with a long screwdriver, and
some luck.  don't know how much a/c complicates matters, but i'd attempt to
get to the clips with the heater box in the car before i yanked the
dashboard.

also, i forgot to mention this the first time around, but while you have the
bottom half of the heater box out drill a small hole in the bottom, at the
lowest part.  these heater boxes tend to collect water, that's probably the
most common source of fan failure.

fwiw,

bs

End of alfa-digest V7 #1132