Re: GTV Faq?

Scott Allen asks about online FAQs for a friend who's the potential
buyer of a GTV.

I've got at least a partial one here:

http://www.living-history.org/classics/serpent/gt_checklist.html

It mainly talks about the areas that rust, which usually end up being
the most expensive faults.

In addition, your friend should look up Scott Johnson's Spider FAQ, even
though he's not looking for a Spider per se; there's good information
there about the 2-liter engine, which is what his '74 will have in it.
The Spider FAQ is here:

http://www.delanet.com/~sents/cgi-bin/ecsw.cgi?form_action=view_all_records

In particular, the article titled "Things to look for when buying a
Spider" has a good list of mechanical things to check out.  Note that
the '74 GTV should (in the U.S. at least) be equipped with Alfa's
proprietary Spica fuel injection system; if it's been replaced with
Webers (as many people did), it'll be difficult to get the car
registered in states (such as California) with smog checks.

I'm sure there are more, and I look forward to reading the other
postings on this subject so I can add some bookmarks to my file.

- --Scott Fisher