Re: 164 S question

> I was looking at an 164 S yesterday (in quite good shape).My question is:
> Is it normal for a suspension with no apparent flaws (no red right) to
> display only minimal, almost imperceptible difference among the rides of the
> 2 modes?

Good question.  I have a 91 164S and I think I can tell the difference
between the modes, but just barely.  I've never had problems with the
lights.  Can anyone else claim there is a big, noticeable difference?

> Also, anybody care to comment about how many 164 S with factory Recaro might
> have been sold?
> It is a bit weird that ARDONA/ARI people show no interest in this digest.It
> would make a lot of difference (in my opinion) if they would choose to post.
> You know what else i thought?How aware of the Digest do you think the Factory
> is?What if one would introduce the digest to them, say, in a mail.That might
> be a bit of a free market research for them..

I can imagine a couple of reasons why they don't.  I suspect that they have
to be very careful everytime they say something (esp in print) in todays
litigious society.  Also, they don't have a product to sell (aside from
spare parts).

Lawrence Hegarty   lah@domain.elided
Montreal Quebec    91 164S  86 Spider