Re: 164 Headlight Problems

Firstly, thanks to Zackary and Matthew for responding to my request.

My 164 is a '95 model, 24valve, and the electrical layout is a little
different from the earlier models. The fueses/relays are under the dash on
the drivers side (right, for me). The relays behind the light units are not
related, they are for, amongst other things, the horn and headlight washers.

Anyway, I got the relay out and had it checked at the local auto electrical
store, who pronounced it fit and working. This was not good news, nor was
the comment from the assistant, who suggested that I was about to have as
much fun as sorting the loom out on a Rover 820, another electrical can of
worms. Thus prepared I came home.

Having another look this afternoon, I still couldn't figure what was going
on, and in desperation, I checked the fuse again. To my astonishment, it was
clearly blown, whereas before, it looked intact. I replaced it, and hey
presto, illumination...........

So, in future, no visual checking of fuses, they will have to submit to the
meter.....

Thanks again for the help,

Ciao,

Ian