electronic Ign.

Hi Les,

sounds like youve had a bad run with electronic ignition...

well, I feel I should put forward my positive experiences.  I have an
electronic ignition unit in my car that I built myself (info+plans on my web
page) for not a lot of $$, which has performed flawlessly for the last 7
years.  I run the same module in out datsun rally car (and as such, its been
subjected to some pretty extreme testing!) also with no problems whatsoever.

the electronic ign in the GTV improved the smoothness of the engine at high
rpm, as well as making starting much easier.  also, Ive only replaced the
points *once* the entire time I have had the car, and that was because the
rubbing block had worn out.  you never have to worry about points gap
(dwell) ever again!

ben
'68 1750 GTV (with elecronic ignition)
'68 GT 1300 Jr