porsche pressure plate update

well, it looks like i finally have resolution on my porsche pressure plate.
some may remember i was struggling to get this setup ready last may for our
annual lime rock track event.  the setup was a stock friction disk, porsche
light weight pressure plate, and a lightened, stock flywheel.  the slave
cylinder is stock and the master cylinder is 3/4" girling.

during the installation we had to re-machine the flywheel another .090 to
get the pressure plate to disengage.  when it was all buttoned up, i ended
up with a slipping clutch.  at the track i finally ended up adjusting things
so that i basically couldn't disengage the clutch, then left it in fourth
gear for each session.  still, even without working the clutch pedal, it
would start slipping ten minutes or so into the session.

i was pretty convinced that the problem was some mechanical quirk with the
pressure plate, why else would it start slipping even though i wasn't
pumping up the clutch pedal?  paul glynn told me that a larger master
cylinder might help.

well, i wasn't able to actually replace the master (for a 7/8") until a
month or so ago, and i wasn't able to get it bled until a week or so ago
(long story, ended up having to bleed it at the master, not the slave).

the results?  it works!  no more slipping.

the lighter flywheel coupled with the lighter pressure plate really works
well.  that, coupled with the newly installed tom sahines gear lightened
box, completely transformed the car.

all buttoned up just in time to store it for the winter...

later,

bs