Re: electronic ignition for 105 series

I was recently displaying the legendary Spica mechanical fuel injection
to some friends with modern German cars, who were marveling at the
modern-sounding specs of the '74 Spider -- twin cams, alumin[i]um
engine, sequential multiport fuel injection, etc. etc. etc., and all
done with basically 1960s (i.e., pre-Intel) technology.

"There are no semiconductors in this car," I said proudly, "except for
those in the radio."

And most of the chassis grounds, I thought, but didn't say...

- --Scott Fisher