Re: electronic ignition for 105 series

My 2 cents worth:

Electronic ignition systems are a pin in the butt and no 105 series car
should be subjected to them.The question is not how well they wor, but
rather, how long till that inevitable failure happens.  My experience: 100%
FAILURE rate with points+CD, optoelectronic, reluctor/CD systems. In the
end I gave up and went back to points/coil.
No electronics in car = 100% reliability. End of story.

Roll on Y2K!

Les -Happily living in the Jurassic Period, but hey! my car doesn't die
suddenly.....

End of alfa-digest V7 #1121