Bosch electronic ignition for 105 series

Gidday Alfisti, especially Oz Alfisti Matthew and Warren. In Digest 106 =
Matt asked  asked about Australian Bosch electronic ignition systems for
105 series, and Warren described his use of an off the shelf Bosch one, =
probably as used on camiras, but with the dog drive and shaft
modified to suit 105.  Cost about $475, and includes distributor with =
module attached, dizzy cap, leads, electronic coil.=20
Now then, one of the many jobs on my wish-list is to convert my Alfetta =
GTV and 105GTV to electronic ignition, and it's crossed my mind that the =
Bosch system out of the Alfasud  might be adaptable. I imagine that you'd =
need to make only the same 105 adaptations on those required in the =
example above, i.e. dizzy drive mods. The advantage of the Alfasud =
approach would be that our wrecking yards are full of rusting Suds (as =
well as just-as-badly rusting Alfettas and 105s), so Sud Bosch systems =
should be reasonably readily available at low cost (also has the benefit =
of avoiding a part used on a ----gasp----- camera). Wonder if anyone's =
done this Sud-to-Nord conversion at all please?=20

Best regards,
Graham in NZ
(77 Alfetta, 71 GTV, 82-82-84 Alfasuds)