Re: fuori giuoco, o slacciare lato destro

- --- JHertzman@domain.elided wrote:
> In AD7-1116 Will Owen pontificates, as is his wont,
> that "Offside is the left
> side of a horse -

Pontificate? Moi?? Modest, retiring little me?

I have been set straight on the subject (as I knew I
would the moment I hit the SEND button) by a person
who says he misspent HIS youth playing polo, so I
guess he oughta know. (Polo was not really big in my
part of Illinois. The sportiest we ever got with
horses was harness racing.) All I really had to go on
was (a) I remembered it had to do with getting on
horses, and (b) my memory (incorrect, as it turns out)
of the knockoff caps on the Daimler SP250 that I had
back in '65.

The one piece of wreckage here that I will cling to is
my suggestion that "offside" and "nearside" caps on
the same car are not a case of Trevor being as
lackadaisical as Luigi, but simply a matter of
differently-handed threads on opposite sides of the
car. Anybody out there wanna kill me on that one?

Will Owen, Pontifakes Maximus
Nashville, TN