105 boot

Digesters.

I have a question regarding the boot lid on my '75 GT 1600 Junior.

It has the irritating "feature" that when I pull the release lever in
the door post it doesn't open by itself which leaves me either to reach
ungracefully along the car to the rear edge of the lid to open it or
have someone else open it while I pull the lever.

My question is: Is there a spring missing which should pop the lid like
the bonnet or should the two torsion bars (which are in place) do the
popping? My workshop manual doesn't mention a spring other than the
torsion bars. It might be that the two levers on the hinge assembly
where the torsion bars attach are not adjusted properly or what?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated so I can maintain my poise
while opening the boot.  :-)

Jacob Haagerup

'75 GT 1600 Junior (1750 engine)