Digest submission

Greetings.  I own a 1959 Spider Veloce that very much needs a re-spray.  I'm
not interested in concourse authenticity but would like to have the car
painted in a fashion that duplicates the color and "look" of the original as
nearly as possible.   Some automotive archeology (including  a letter to the
factory) suggests the car was originally white.  Does anyone have a paint
code for this car?  White is pretty easy, so a modern, readily available
equivalent that closely approximates the shade would be prefered.

My paint/body guy says he normally sprays base coat/clear coat, but this
doesn't give a very period look IMO.  Would a straight enamel more closely
approximate the original look of the paint?  Lacquer would be great but I'm
told it is not very durable and almost no one uses it any more as there are
alternatives which are superior and give the same type of finish.

Also, this particular car has a tonneau cover which from the looks of it was
probably fitted very early in the car's life.  It has post studs (like the
ones that secure an MGB's top) fitted across the dash and the rear deck to
hold it in place.  The holes for these studs are very nicely finished.  Any
chance this car came this way?  I've sure never seen a Guilietta with this
cover.  If not, I'll probably fill the holes while the car is being
resprayed, but that leaves the holes in the dash to contend with.  Thoughts?

Finally, info on sourcing trunk and door weatherseal that fit well but need
not be 100% original is needed.

All ideas/comments/help will be greatly appreciated!

Albert Jacob