105/115 rear fuel filters

One observation on the a/m fuel filters as currently available in the
US:

I recently received the Wix filter mentioned in a recent post (from a
OEM only parts supplier - go figure).  It does fit in the sense that
there is a 1/2" in and out fitting.... BUT it seems to not flow as much
fuel as the stock/OEM filters do/did, particularly in low fuel level in
tank situations.

This dilemma was confirmed on the track at a recent time trial, with
less than 5 gallons in the tank the Fuel Pressure light would come on
while at high rpm's and WOT, and the car would begin missing due to
starvation.  The only remedy at the time was to run with a virtually
full tank.

I have now replaced with an AC Delco filter which is stock for some V8
motorhome.  It also has a 1/2" in and outlet, has a similar shape and
size to the OEM Alfa filter (which the Wix did not), and is also readily
obtained for less than 10 bucks.
It has not yet been tested above 6k rpm, sideways, (g), but have been
told by those in the know that it does flow more fuel.
Naturally do not have the part number to post here either since the box
is at home and I'm not, but if anyone cares I'll have it tomorrow.

Peter Kemos
Santa Cruz
73 GTV
89 Verde