Re: Spider hard top hoist

I'll throw in my two cents worth...  I tried storing my top hoisted to the
joists in the same position as on the car, but had a problem with the weather
stripping deforming as Simon did.  Last time, I turned the top upside down,
and ran a wire cable through the two brackets on the inside of the top used
to fasten the top to the softop frame.  I secured the wire cable with u-bolts
to keep from slipping.  I then used my pulley -type hoist to raise the top
using the cable as a fixing point.  Result no strain on the weather stripping.
Paul in Chico - '88 Spider Veloce