AFM to MAF conversion kit

Hi Guys,

	Has anyone on the list tried the Mass Air Flow conversion kit
for the V6 or I4 Alfas? There are 2 companies selling the kit for
about $500 each. I saw a dyno chart of an E30 M3 with and without
the MAF conversion. Originally the E30 M3 came with an AFM.
	After the conversion power output increase by about 20 bhp at
the wheels (on a dynojet). That's very impressive and probably
worth the $500. I doubt even the S-cams would give that much more
power.
	Well, it's good to know that my car puts out more power than a
stock E30 M3 (both torque and bhp) by comparing the dyno charts.
No wonder that white E30 couldn't dust me. If you have an
S-cammed Verde, I think you will benefit the conversion even
more. Doug.....
	Looking at the AFM's flap, the orifice is so tiny, compared to
the MAF. It's way smaller than the stock throttle body. Another
person who did a Weber-Marelli conversion on a hotly cammed GTV6
with headers got 230 bhp. Outstanding, considering it had stock
bottom end.
	Anyway, last time I asked this question I got no response. I
guess no one was interested, oh well....giving this one last
shot.

Zamani
'87 Milano 3.0 (stock)